Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 17, 2010

SWCV

So back in Nov/Dec last year it was announced that not only Star Wars Celebration 5 would be held in the US it's being held in hour away from here in Orlando. My friend Jeremy told me about it and we decided to go. I mean seriously it's Star Wars. This is the convention to rival Comicon and it's all Star Wars.

Most of us (I say most because I do know people that have never seen SW) grew up on this. The year I graduated from high school was the year Episode 1 The Phantom Menace came out. Hell the end of the speech given by the student body president was "May the force be with you." I can't remember anything else about that speech but this. We waited then for Attack of the Clones and then again Revenge of the Sith. Now we have Clone Wars and are awaiting Galactic Heroes and the live action show. We watch movies that have people in it from SW. Everytime the movies are on we sit and watch them. We read the books (which I know own about half the collection), we played the video games. And now I get to experience a convention with thousands of SW fans from all over the world. We join together to pay homage to the man, George Lucas. We show off the costumes we made. We go to buy things there that you can't find in stores. We go to watch all the movies and the animated series with our fellow fans. We go to meet our heroes from our childhoods. We go to have a good time.

My 30th birthday isn't til January but this is my present to myself. Even though it's 5 months early. Looks like I get a SW party after all. :)

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment