Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

Doing My Makeup Test Runs For CV

The character I'm becoming for Celebration, Barriss Offee, has a unique diamond pattern tattoo on her face. Well she is also olive skin but I'm passing on painting my body green for 4 days straight. She also has blue eyes. Notice, I don't have blue eyes or tattoos on my face.

I tried several different techniques. The first pic is from my first attempt using regular eyeliner. And also regular contacts. Had to try it on with the cloak. This cloak I bought at RenFest about 8 years ago. It finally has come in handy.


Not quite right but a good start. The next one is using water proof eyeliner. Since I'll be in a crowd when in costume and in the Florida heat, I don't want it sweating off. It took me about 20 minutes to draw all the diamonds and this is closer to how they are suppose to look. Also since
it was waterproof eyeliner it took almost an hour to wash it off my face. I have special contacts in. Black with red rims. Anime eyes is what they are called.


This was the third attempt with red contacts. Since I can't see because neither the red or black ones are scripted I decided since I already have blu scripted contacts I'll wear those. But had to try sith eyes out anyways.


So I started looking into other things as to how to do this tattoo. She also has diamonds on her hands. Those will just be done with a Sharpie. We found out what they used on Ray Park (a.k.a. Darth Maul Episode 1 Phantom Menace). They used an alcohol based makeup that won't come off with anything except alcohol. Upon looking into it, turns out it costs alot of money. We took a trip to the local costuming shop, House of Make Believe in Clearwater to find something to use. Also I was getting tired of hand drawing these things. Below is a pic of the stamp template in a diamond shape along with barrier spray to hold the make up in place and also special fx black make up. It takes me 5 minutes now to put the make up on. New pics to come with how it looks this way.

Here is the site for the contacts. They are in England. They have awesome stuff and great prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment