Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Lightsaber I Built...

I wanted to make my own lightsaber instead of using one of the kid's lightsabers or spend $350 for Battle-Ready Force FX Lightsaber. So I went about looking for how to build one.



My first attempt was to make one of PVC. I'm a graphic artist. I deal with all my artwork on Photoshop and Illustrator not "real life" stuff. So this was a new stretch for me. I made a Photoshop version of what I was attempting. That was so much easier then the first one. I won't bore you with the details of how bad the PVC one turned out. Half way through it I realized that I wasn't happy with it so I called it my first attempt.



I ended up buying one of the kid's one. Darth Vader of course. It's lights up and has sound. I also bought a resign lightsaber hilt from MegaCon which is still sitting on my shelf untouched. I'm not to savvy of a painter either. Further down the line I bought they cheap twin ones that light up. They remember of glow stick wars when I act light I know how to sword fight.

Once again, thanks to Jeremy, he sent me some links to a how to site along with a video on how to build a light saber.

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/
http://www.indymogul.com/backyardfx/episode/BFX_20080811

After yelling for 30 minutes because he knew I'd try to make this and then making sure he had all the tools I set about making a shopping list. Off to Lowes the next day. After spending $45, I was set and ready to make my own lightsaber out of chrome extension pipes. I borrowed a pipe cutter from Jeremy and a drimmel. That weekend I took the pieces to my dad's to cut out the handle grips and the emitter tubing. By the nights end I had everything glued together. I had done what every Jedi has done. Made my own lightsaber, with the exception of no blade, nor lights, or sound. But I have the hilt. I didn't know I could make something like this. I will have this as part of my costume for SWCV.

4 comments:

  1. Neopixel lightsaber UK You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. Obi wan lightsaber

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written article. Really enjoyed readying about it. Check my star wars lightsaber content out Lightsaber

    ReplyDelete