Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jay and Silent Bob Get Old - March 2012

For those that have never heard of Kevin Smith, go watch his movies or listen to his podcasts. He does some great movies. His most recent being Red State. His movie Clerks 2 is the movie that when I'm down I watch it and it perks me up. He also has a podcast network branching off of Smodcast. You name it and he talks about it. And to add to it. Kevin Smith's mom was actually at the show along with his wife and Jason Mewes' wife was also there.


Friday the 16th I went with a good friend of mine James to go see one of the live podcasts Jay and Silent Bob Get Old. All I've ever heard from James as long as I've known him is that he wants to meet Kevin Smith. More about that later.


The reason for this particular podcast is like a live aa/na for Jason Mewes. Jason Mewes is Jay from the Jay and Silent Bob movies. He had a bad time years ago with drugs. He got sober then after intervention from his friends. He relapsed a couple of years ago. Then got back on track again, got sober and has been sober for just shy of 2 years and counting. This podcast was thought up as a way for him to talk about everything and I mean everything. At every show he announcing how many days he has been sober to which the audience cheers loudly. Its heart warming to see so many people cheering for him to keep him going through all of this. I can bring tears to someones eyes.  



There is some fun to be had at the show. We had front row seats. I thank the people that left those 2 seats open so that we could get them. I knew from listening to previous shows that Kevin would read out tweets. So I tried to get one of my tweets read knowing that James' bday was coming up. That didn't happened. We were cracking up through out the show. At the end of the show, they play various games. The long running game has been Let Us ****. Where people get chosen to go on stage to perform with Jason Mewes. I told James I would get him on stage somehow. When Kevin just glanced in our direction I started screaming and pointing at James and he got picked. I'm like that worked? While they were setting up the first act. Kevin told James to sit down next to him and talk with him. I have never seen James fanboy out. But he held it together. He probably talked to Kevin for about 2 minutes. Then they had to set up their act. Then James and Jason got to do their "act." How I didn't fall out of my chair laughing I don't know how. I managed to record it. The nice couple next to me were cheering him on as well and helping me record it. The audience cheered them on. Afterwards James got a hug from Kevin and Jason and apparently backstage got a hug from Jen, Kevin's wife.  





It makes me so happy that my friend got to finally meet the one person I've heard him talk about for as long as I've known him.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for James! It's really cool that he got to do that, especially since he's such a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. This is SO AWESOME!! Good for James! I know what it's like to meet your idol. What did he win? A Fleshlight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was like a little kid afterwards. I was so happy for him. No they aren't doing that anymore. He got bumper stickers and and a usb thing thats autographed. I bought one of the usb things before the show myself thats autographed plus he got a hug from Kevin Smith.

    ReplyDelete