Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

SWTOR: My Review

I've never played any MMO games. I'm use to my PS3. I've had several other systems but never really played on the computer. I rarely go online to play a game on the PS3 other then maybe for Little Big Planet or Call of Duty. So Star Wars The Old Republic was an interesting twist for me.

Also I know nothing of the Expanded Universe regarding the Old Republic. I'm a child of the Original Trilogy. I watched the Prequels as they came out and have expanded my knowledge to the Expanded Universe books surrounding these 6 movies and the Clone Wars.

I heard about SWTOR almost 2 years ago on E3. The yearly gaming convention. Several of us hoped it would be cross platform. No dice. At this point I was like no way. I'm not playing it. I don't do MMO's. I like my platformers just fine. Then I kept hearing all about it once it came out. I watched videos and was like okay maybe I would try it.

One day, some kind soul took pity on me and handed me the trial. I downloaded the game. I first watched the opening cinematic. Holy crap! The graphics are gorgeous. I'm like make a movie and make it look like this. Well I have seen a movie that gorgeous and that was Final Fantasy Advent Children.

Then it was time to pick a side. Naturally I choose the dark side. My first character I made was a Sith Warrior. Fail. I couldn't figure out the controls. So I made another character. A Chiss Bounty Hunter. Once again fail. I almost give up. I just couldn't get a handle of the controls. I watched a few tutorial videos and that kind of helped. So I tried one more time. I made my third character a Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor. Bingo! After hitting random buttons, I discovered the right mouse button was useful for something. Translation hitting things with a lightsaber. I slowly started picking up things. Just enough to get by. I ran several missions both dark and light side. I managed to make it to level 7 before my trial ran out. Not to shabby considering I never played an MMO and for the short amount of time I played.

I haven't purchased the game yet but I do plan on getting it soon. I did have fun playing it and I would like to keep trying with all 3 of the characters I made. Plus would like to have more characters as well.

http://www.swtor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment