Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Favorite Makeup To Wear

Yes even I use makeup. Well for costuming. But my favorite is not a lipstick or eyeshadow or bronzer. It is a scarification makeup called Rigid Collodion. I use this liquid for costumes and sometimes just to freak people out. Especially if I wear my white zombie contacts with it.
At first I used it when I was at Motor City Comic Con when I dressed as Hoth Luke Skywalker while handling for Jeremy as the wampa. Used it recently at Megacon making it look like I was clawed by something which later everyone said by the wampa. With one of the scars going over my eye I wore one white zombie contact. After seeing photos and hearing comments, apparently I should be able to just get away with wearing civies and that makeup. From what else I heard at Megacon, if people didn't know me then they had a difficult time figuring out if it was real or not.
I learned of the Rigid from a friend that costumes as Anakin Skywalker from ROTS. For that he needs to have a scar over his eye. I asked him about it, knowing I was going to be Luke Skywalker. Pretty much have been using it since then.
A small how to guide on how to do this. First: pick a good spot wear you want to use the Rigid. For this I used my arm. Most of the time its the right side of my face.
Second: take a dark red lip liner to draw on the lines. I just used a single line but feel free to go crazy.
Third: start putting on the Rigid. I usually put on about 3 coats. Let is start tightening up then add a few more coats to it.
Fourth: if you want to make it look puffy, add some blush to it. And this is how you look like you've been attacked.

2 comments: