Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Megacon 2012 - Friday

It is early in the year in Florida again, that means its time for Megacon. Which is now a yearly thing. This is my 3rd year going to this convention. Friday is a preview to how to expect the weekend plus its a good shopping day.

I decided since this is primarily an anime convention to dress as Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy Advent Children. Plus wore my Wally the Wampa Backpack, which people loved him. I did over hear an interesting conversation over my costume. They couldn't figure out which Tifa I was. So I decided to be nice after about 5 minutes to tell them which version I was. I did over hear tons of people talking about other costumes trying to figure out who a person was dressed as. Kinda got to be an interesting game of whose wearing what.

Before the con opened up I decided to wander around to take pictures and chat up other people. Finally the doors opened up and I went straight to get my Froggy Photo tickets. If you haven't heard of them, they are this service at many cons where you can get professional photos with celebrities. I choose Daniel Logan, who is Boba Fett in AOTC and Tom Felton, Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. Jeremy got his photo taken with Lord Vader himself David Prowse. The photos turned out amazing. And the actors were sweet.

We wander and bought a few items. I got Captain Mal's pistol and a Fremen crysknife. Took a "few" photos. I do enjoy people watching at cons and talking to other people. I got into a conversation with a stilt walker and several of the people standing in line to get photos when I was in line. Natural swung by and talked to the Droid Builders and their droids. Also swung by the Rebel Legion booth. Finally managed to make it through the crowds to go to the 501st booth to see everyone and take photos.

While I was taking photos in the booth and talking to a friend, someone decided to set me up. Everyone knows I'm not a fan of furries. Naturally while standing there talking to a friend next thing I know a furry has its arms wrapped around me. Yep a furry was hugging me. When it let me go I hid behind my friend. Then I looked and saw everyone laughing and knew I had been set up yet no one took video or took pics. I'll admit it, they got me good. So good its time for a new costume. Which of course I've already changed it because I think I just used it as an excuse to finally have a steampunk costume. More on that later.

We continued walking around, taking photos and talking to everyone. Going to this convention is like a reunion. I got to see people I hadn't seen since last year. It's great to see everyone and see people all dressed up and what new things they come up with. We ended the day at the con. But of course for the end of the day we kept with a tradition. We went to Friendly's for dinner. Stay tuned for my take on Saturday at the convention and my side trip to Downtown Disney and the resorts.


No comments:

Post a Comment