Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 3 of CV (Part 1)

And this is the biggest day of CV. We parked a little closer this time. With also the idea to cart the wampa in about 45 minutes before we needed it, instead of walking it in. We were off and running. We ran into our friends and chatted them up. Then ran off to find our other friends. Before I go on I will be jumping around alot. This day was a big one for us, so the whole day blends together.

Not even there for 30 minutes and we are by the 501st room. And of course a guy in Rex armor pointed at me and yelled "hey you" from about 20 feet away. I'm like who me? I looked down and my Droid Hunt badge was hanging there. He came up to me to ask "how long have you had these droids" and I had to hand over my badge. Jeremy was laughing at me. That's what I get by hanging with the 501st. So I decided to have fun all day with it. Any time I saw a large group still with their badges I'd go get the troops to go get them. People would run away from them, to be caught by someone else 10 feet away. I did get pick on for losing mine so quickly by other troops.



Then it was off to the Echo Base Ice Bar in the OCCC to meet up with the Mando Mercs Wampa Squad. Jeremy in his show stopping fashion put on the stilts with the legs on while we carted the rest of the wampa and I helped clear the way, to the best of my abilities. Then all of a sudden Seth Green stopped us. Seth Green! That was awesome. We hit the elevator to go up to a crowd of people. We recruited some help from the audience. Even though I can put him into the whole suit by myself, I had pulled him aside earlier and told him I needed help because I was hurting and I knew we would be pulling him in and out of the body all day. 5 people volunteered. They got him in the body and i had to get in there to buckle him in. I turned around to see what was going on and there was about 300 people with cameras taken pics. I got shy again and I had him turn around so I could get under the suit to buckle him in. We got him suited up and was time for our date with the Mando Mercs then with the Echo Base Ice Bar which were thankfully right next to each other.


First we were to see the Wampa Squad of the Mando Mercs. They requested Jeremy to be there because they were presenting Steve Sansweet with a plaque. Before he showed up Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett from the original trilogy walked by. I even saw him check out the 3 Wampas; Jeremy, another guy in a Wampa suit from the same group as Jeremy and the Belgium statue. Then Steve Sansweet showed up. I shook the man's hand. And it was off to the presentation. In the end the Wampa (Jeremy) and Steve hugged. I was in the audience handling cameras for the Mando Mercs and kinda directing a few pics. Steve had to leave but alot of people were requesting pics with Jeremy. I got my true taste of having to handle the crowd wanting photos. Jeremy gave me queues as to how many before we had to leave. I tried to mainly let kids and families go get their photos then we ended it with a Princess Leia.





Then we headed into the Echo Base Ice Bar. Since we were with the Wampa we got to skip the line. I ran out to refill water bottles and call a friend to tell him I met Seth Green. Went back to the bar. Oh and to mention why we were in there. He got a request from someone that works for LFL. That would be Lucas Films. I was back to handing him water and controlling the photo line. We were there for about 20 minutes before we had to head out towards the 501st room for a break before the 501st group photo.

We got the body off and put the body arms and head back on the cart. Jeremy stayed on the stilts which was easier to move them and he was still doing good up on the stilts and was good to walk in them for another few hours. As we were headed back to the right floor and towards our "break" hall, Jeremy up on stilts spots Warwick Davis. Warwick couldn't help but notice him. Jeremy chatted him up a bit and asked about his book "Size Matters Not" which isn't available here yet but you can get it on his website and I do believe he said it's signed too. Then they got together for a photo. I do believe this was my best damn photo I took the entire time we were there.



Then it was back to our hallway behind the 501st room for a short break. More to come in the next post. So much happened this day that I have to make separate posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment